CUSTOM DESIGN TIPS
Your Colorado Shade Sail Company Custom Design will be constructed to fit exactly to its attachment points. In order to ensure accurate measurement and a smooth installation experience, please keep the following tips in mind.
1) Before designing your installation, please check with your local building department and be sure to obtain the required permits.
2) If the sail is to be attached to an existing structure, consult a builder or engineer to ensure that the structure is sound and suited to the task.
3) Before you take measurements, stretch string between your planned attachment points to help visualize the geometry of your installation.
4) We have found that the most impactful installations experiment with
bold changes in height and overlapping sails for greater visual interest.
5) Install your attachment points first, then take your measurements. Please consider your hardware before you measure, as it may affect the total.
6) Measure from the outer edge of the eye of one attachment point to the next. In four-sided sails, diagonal measurements are also required.
7) For additional design tips and suggestions for accurate measuring, we recommend downloading our helpful Installation Instructions.