Did you know: skin cancer is one of the fastest-growing cancers in the U.S.? Nearly a million Americans are diagnosed with skin cancer each year, and the disease claims more than 10,000 lives annually. More than 50% of all cancers diagnosed today are skin cancers—and repeated exposure to the sun is the primary risk factor. A few more unpleasant truths:
• More than 20 people die every day from skin cancer.
• More than 90% of all skin cancers are caused by sun exposure.
• One in five Americans will develop skin cancer during their lives.
• Just five severe sunburns can double your risk for developing skin cancer.
• One severe sunburn in childhood more than doubles your melanoma risk.
Here in Colorado, we are blessed with more than 300 days of sunshine per year and countless wonderful ways to enjoy it. But our adventurous outdoor lifestyle is not without risk. That’s why all Colorado Shade Sail Company products have been carefully constructed to provide advanced, attractive protection from up to 90% of harmful UV radiation.